THE BRAND NEW STUDIO ALBUM
RELEASED FRIDAY 6th MAY 2016
RELEASED ON CD, 180 GRAM VINYL, MASTERED FOR iTUNES DIGITAL AND STANDARD DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
TOURING THE UK & EUROPE IN MAY/JUNE 2016
South African singer-songwriter and guitarist, Dan Patlansky, is set to the release his new studio album “INTROVERTIGO” in the UK on Friday 6th May 2016. The album is the follow up to 2015’s critically acclaimed “Dear Silence Thieves” which spawned two rock radio hits Backbite and Fetch Your Spade.
To dovetail with the release of the new album, Dan will be special guest on King King’s May UK tour which kicks off on 12th May at the Manchester Academy, followed by Dan’s own headline UK tour in June. Scroll down for a complete list of the May and June UK tour dates.
Fresh off his November 2015 UK and European tour with Joe Satriani, and recently nominated as one of Classic Rock magazine’s hotly tipped new artists of 2015, Patlansky’s last studio album, Dear Silence Thieves has received non-stop accolades and praise from the British press. Recently voted the Most Promising Male Blues Artist by Blues & Soul Magazine, and only recently has he been nominated as Best International Solo Artist at the Planet Rock Radio ‘Rocks’ Awards. Bluesdoodles selected Dear Silence Thieves as in the Bluesdoodles dozen for 2015
“Introvertigo: The dizziness and disorientation felt by an introvert after spending more than 5 minutes with an extrovert.” – Urban Dictionary.
“I think this is possibly my most accomplished album to date,” says Patlansky. “The new album draws from all my influences from Audioslave, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jim Hendrix, Rival Sons and beyond. We’ve continued the same mix of rock, funk and blues that we mastered on last year’s Dear Silence Thieves album. Theo Crous, who produced Silence Thieves, has produced Introvertigo, and I think he’s done a stellar job.
Introvertigo was written over the course of two years. Patlansky immediately started writing this follow-up after 2014’s critically acclaimed Dear Silence Thieves (voted Best Blues Rock Album in 2014 by Blues Rock Review, USA).
TRACK BY TRACK BY DAN PATLANSKY
1. Run – A song about running away from mob mentality.
2. Poor Old John – A tongue and cheek story I dreamt up.
3. Sonnava Faith – This song is not trying to knock Christianity at all, but rather the greedy people
4. Loosen Up The Grip – A song about how pain and discomfort in one’s childhood
5. Heartbeat – A song from the viewpoint of a homeless man, begging on a street corner.
6. Stop the Messin’ – A sexy note to a woman, telling her to let loose in the bedroom.
7. Bet On Me – A song about backing myself regarding my gut feel.
8. Still Wanna Be Your Man – The story of many musicians.
9. Western Decay – Remembering better and simpler days in western society
10. Queen Puree – A song about my little daughter Sofia
Produced by Theo Crous
Dan Patlansky – Vocals, Guitars, Backing vocals
Clint Falconer- Bass guitar
Andy Maritz- Drums
Rami Jaffe- Hammond B3 (Tracks 2, 7, 8)
Theo Crous- Keyboards, Backing vocals
MAY/JUNE HEADLINE CONCERTS
BOOK ONLINE: HERE @ Gig Cartel or 24 HR BOX OFFICE: 0844 478 0898